Benefits of the game of Futsal include:
- Improves players decision making skills
- Provides players with more touches on the ball
- The heavier ball increases the power of players
- Develops the confidence in players to go 1v1 against their opponent
- Allows players to be creative in getting around their opposition
- Improves reaction time
Benefits of free/unstructured play for children:
- Builds creativity and ability to come up with unique ideas.
- Develops motor planning skills, helping the child to create and carry out ideas, motor actions, and activities.
- Fosters decision-making skills. Unstructured play provides many opportunities to make choices while playing alone or while playing in a group.
- Fosters independence. Helps children learn to think independently and teaches them how to entertain themselves.
- Develops social skills and collaborative play skills. Free play allows children to develop conflict resolution skills and learn to take turns. It also helps children develop their skills as leaders and as followers.
- Provides opportunities for children to discover their own skills and own their own development!